Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 1 of My Journey

Believe it or not, I actually got up before the kids this morning, instead of the kids waking me up begging for breakfast (shameful, I know). I got up and decided that I would have breakfast ready when they woke up. Noble thought. You would think I have never cooked breakfast before. I cooked the sausage, and put the toast in the oven on broil. I never do this, because I always wind up burning the toast. I usually put the oven on 400 and cook it slow. But not today. While I was frying the egg, I noticed a large amount of smoke was coming from the stove. I thought, "Is something on the burner?" Checked the burner. All clear. By this point, smoke is filling the room. Then it hit me. The toast! Now the smoke alarm/detector is going off, thus waking up the kids in a panic. I finally got them settled down, the smoke cleared, and gave them their breakfast: sausage, a fried egg and rice. They wouldn't eat the fried egg, and asked for scrambled eggs. So I scrambled two more eggs. Guess what? Wouldn't eat those, either. At this point, I have wasted three eggs and four slices of bread. Well, no one ever said being a super mom is easy :).

But I am determined! I am not giving up! I shall persevere and come forth a conquerer!! (I'm sure that's in the Bible somewhere).

On another note, we decided to move both kids into our bedroom, with Grace in the pack-n-play and Elijah on his mattress on the floor. It is working out pretty good. Now when Grace wakes up, instead of walking to the other side of the house four times each night, we just say, "It's OK, Grace, go back to sleep." and she rolls over and goes back to sleep. And Elijah slept longer in his bed, too. Now we can take Grace's crib down and move Elijah's toddler bed to the garage for loading into the UHAUL next week.

John has an interview next weekend with an RV company in Shreveport. We shall see how that turns out. Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Well it was a valiant effort on the breakfast thing. More effort than I put in. I think we will be having this baby in about another week. I wish you were here!