I look around at the disaster of my house surrounding me and think, "What have I done this week?" Then I remind myself, you have a four week old baby who is not an easy one to say the least, and you also have one preschooler and one toddler--just breathe and let it go. I think it would be funny to post a pic of how bad it is. People are always posting pictures of their clean houses and stuff they are proud of. I am changing my thinking. "Look at this mess. This means I focused most of my energy on my children, nurturing, instructing, rocking, feeding, bathing, schooling, and playing with them. Emma will get older. Things will get easier. I am proud of the things I did in place of stressing over this mess!"
On the other hand, I did tackle some pretty significant project this week:
- Hung pictures on the wall in living room and dining room.
- Helped hubby hang new ceiling fan/light fixture in living room.
- Put together new floor lamp for living room (on sale at WM for $11.00--tag read $54.99).
- Started cleaning out den formerly used as storage/junk room.
- Friday I watched Micah, my friend Janna's little boy, while she was having her tubes tied and also made her a batch of potato soup.
- Grace fell of the back porch and could have very easily broken her leg from the position I found her in (whole body dangling from one leg that was stuck between step and rail).
- Elijah poured out a bucket of paint in the living room floor. Thank God we have laminate floors instead of carpet. I scrubbed on hands and knees and got it up, as well as the trail of paint from the living room to the dining room.
- Elijah picked up Emma from her bouncy seat and carried her from the living room to the kitchen!! What am I going to do with him? This is the 2nd incident of this nature.