Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I've Been Doing:

1. It seems I have been running behind on EVERYTHING lately, and just can't mussel together enough energy to get myself up and going. BLAH. Drag, drag, drag. OK, onto more positive content.

2. Making Homemade Bread!!! I've been wanting to try it for awhile, but you know, every day I would put other things before it. So I just broke down and DID IT. I was really surprised at how easy it was and it turned out DE-LISH-US :). I used my SIL's recipe. She's good like that :). p.s. I'll probably devote a post to that soon--be prepared :).



3. Making hairbows! And hairbows, and more hairbows! I signed up as a cosigner at a local Children's Consignment Shop and so I had to make up a good supply. I did a few every day and I am SICK of making bows! :) But I am excited about this opportunity to make a little extra $$ from home. Here's hoping it works out.



4. Remodeling our Master Bathroom. It's been sitting there for TWO years, waiting for us to make it useful. We have all the pieces of the puzzle. We have the garden/jacuzzi tub. We have the tile. We have the sheetrock. So, now is the time to put it all together. If you've ever remodeled anything, you know that no matter what room of the house it's being done, no matter if it's a room that's 3 square feet, the rest of the house suffers. Ugh. Here's hoping it gets done quickly! YEA! I'm excited! Here's a pic of the board and batten design hubby is putting up in there:



(Courtsey of the Nesting Place. She never ceases to inspire me).

5. Enjoying our backyard with my babies. We pulled last year's pool out and cleaned her up, and the kiddos have been having a blast! I've been leaving everything inside and soaking up some rays while enjoying their fun. Their joy really is contagious.
No pics of that to share, but here's a cute one of my littlest stinker:



Just wanted to say, I love you, my dear readers! I hope your summer is kicking off to a great start! :)






4 comments:

Ivy said...

Your little "stinker" is soo cute. We call our little girl stinker all the time! I love the hair bows. They look fabulous! Hope you sell all of them. I just made some home made bread the other day and home made strawberry jam also! I love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Good to see/hear that you are having some outside fun and baking fun. I understand on the whole getting up and get going. I know I am right with ya.

Tammy said...

LOL I know all to well how remodeling effect everyone and everything. : )

Southern Gal said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. It was actually my daughter who got married last year and she wore my dress. My sons are 18 and 8. The way time flies it won't be long before the oldest will be married, too.

P.S. I love the Nester, too.