Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sheesh




I've been working on this joy thing.

After all, the joy of the Lord is my strength (Neh 8:10). I need all the strength I can get.

In Christ, we are supposed to have an abiding joy down deep no matter what our circumstances. Is that joy always visible? That's what I want. I want visible joy. Especially for my children, as the only joy they understand is the visible kind.

So today I put it into practice.

I'm singing a silly, joyful song to Emma about bath time.


Opera style. LOUDLY.

Then I realized all the windows are up and my neighbors are all on their front porches, having their evening visits.

Sheesh.

Then I get tickled, wondering what they are thinking. And Emma & I have a dose of visible joy. At the expense of a little embarrassment, but I guess it was worth it.

I'm hoping some of that joy spilled out onto my neighbors. If so, it really was worth it.



2 comments:

DLOBR said...

LOL That's so cute
God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Love it. I also need to have VISIBLE JOY.