Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snippets of My Day

Yesterday morning started off like one of THOSE days. Mommy felt "off" and the kiddos woke up with an extra large dose of energy. The two do not make a good combination, if you know what I mean. We made it through breakfast and getting dressed. I decided, after a few futile attempts at getting chores done, to throw it all to the wind! So we bundled up and went outside to enjoy the beautiful fall weather (rare around here these days). We took a walk and visited with neighbors. It was just what we all needed!




The kiddos were more content inside after our fresh air & exercise experience. When we came back in, I turned the computer OFF and felt freed. Sometimes you just gotta shift gears and step out of the norm, kwim?

Puppy Sarah got sick, but she had a good nurse to give her some cough medicine.


Emma went for a boat ride.


Elijah created some works of art.



Grace helped with evening chores. She does a great job!


As I read back over this post, it strikes me how a Mom has the power to change the mood of the entire day. We can choose to let things go downhill or we can take control of the wheel and get the ship back on course. What a great responsibility we hold in our hands!





5 comments:

Natural Mama said...

You are so right! I was in one of those moods yesterday, and guess what? So were the kids! Well, we made it and here is another day..things are better! Loved the drawing!! WTG, Gracie for being a good helper!

Angie said...

such cute pics! I love the top one of Emma! Elijah draws so good!
Thanks for making my day better!

Sondra! said...

Your kids are adorable. I love the imaginative play. And Elijah and Emory definately have the same genes. I've seen some of his drawings. I love it! Huggs!

Anonymous said...

We sure do have that power to change the day. Funny how we rarelt tap into it. :() Good for you. I am glad you had a good day.

Tereza said...

I agree...the power is in our hands!! Seriously..the worst of days can be good if mom isn't grumpy about it!!! Moods are contagious!! OK...I better remember that now:)