Monday, October 19, 2009

Mondays Musings

Well, I don't know about you, but I had a WONDERFUL weekend! DH took my eldest two children to his Grandmother's for Friday night, giving Emma & I a quiet Friday evening and Saturday. We vegged--mostly curled up in a comfy chair with a cup of coffee and a good book. Saturday, Emma took a looong nap (9:00-1:00). When she finally woke up, we went to town to buy stuff for our Saturday night Pastor's Appreciation Bash. I made a mean crock pot of chili! Yumm-o! The pot was scraped clean. The kids had a blast roasting weanies and marshmallows around a real fire. We had a great time "appreciating" our pastor. Did you appreciate yours this weekend?

This is our pastor and his family with all the kids who were at church yesterday. There were about 8 kids from the bus route missing.



We started revival at our church last night. It's already been great beyond words. Sunday morning, we broke our attendance record--40 people! Our church was pioneered 6 years ago. By pioneered, I mean started from scratch, basically. Our pastor and his family opened the doors with zero members. Some Sundays, it was only the pastor and his family in service. God has worked many miracles for us, and we hope to be in our new church soon! We have a bus route, and bring in lots of kids from broken homes, whose parents do not know or care where they are most of the time. It is a precious thing to see them kneeling and praying at the altar, with tears pouring down their cheeks.

I teach the 2-5 year olds, and had 9 kids in my class yesterday! They are so much fun! I love my class! I wish we adults had as much enthusiasm for the Lord as they do.


This is what I am excited about today--what God is doing for us! He is establishing His church and His kingdom! Praise the Lord!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great and uplifting post about your church. Thanks for sharing.

Natural Mama said...

Wow, that's great, Amy! Glad you had an enjoyable weekend.
Good night