Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today's Schedule


First of all, my thanks for today: I am thankful that I was able to get up and fix a hot breakfast for my husband this morning (at 5:00 am!). He has not been feeling well, and got up extra-early in order to travel to another town to attend to a matter at our rental property. We had coffee, wheat waffles, and bacon. It was nice to have some quiet time with him, and after his departure, have my quiet time with the Lord. I was really cold and sleepy afterwards, and fell back to sleep, but it's a start. Goal for tomorrow morning: instead of going to sleep, stay up and get dressed and blog before the kids awake.

I have been getting up in the mornings and after breakfast write out my to-do for the day, taken from my HMB. Today:
  • Clean bathroom (tubs, toilet, mop floor). I have a little boy whose aim is a little off in the toilet department, if you kwim :).
  • Laundry--do all kids' laundry. It is hard for me to start on the categorized laundry thing. I am used to doing a load a day--washing everything from the previous day and then it's all done. I don't know about there being laundry piled up and doing a different person's/type every day. But I am doing it anyway. What do ya'll think?
  • Supper: Tonight is chicken enchiladas and green beans. Can't wait.
  • Project: Decorate Elijah's bedroom walls with the cowboy stickers I bought a long time ago but have never put up.
  • Research: Reading about natural remedies for Rosacea, which I have a chronic, spreading case of. So far I have learned that plain yogurt applied directly to the face will reduce redness and swelling. Rosacea is thought to be caused by too much yeast in the body,and yogurt counter-acts the effect. Apple Cider Vinegar (taken by capsule) helps, as well.

Of course, we also have our daily chores of dishes, sweeping, emptying trash, and picking up in general. I also am trying (if weather permits) to tackle one thing a day that needs doing out of doors such as raking, cleaning porch, etc.

It is a busy life around our house. The relaxed rythm of being at home every day is something else I am thankful for. That's about it for now. May your day be blessed and peaceful.

4 comments:

Sondra! said...

About getting up early. It is so wonderful when you get in the habit of it. I know even with my kids going to school, I got in the habit of laying back down last year. I'm a night owl. But it sets my day way off. I dont' do it anymore and I feel so much better. The laundry thing- I cannot do. I can't do just one persons laundry. I sort my clothes by colors and by 'good stuff', but I wash everyone's good clothes together and everyone's jeans. It is just what works for me. We don't have a lot of casual clothes so if I waited and did one childs clothes at a time they would be naked! Or I would be washing 2 items. Even with a HE washer, I'm not into that.
Don't sweat the details too much. Concentrate on being a Mother- the kids don't care how you do laundry as long as their Mamma loves them! haha

Natural Mama said...

Loved this post, hon. It was refreshing to see your lovely table and arrangement! :o)
Let's see...you've probably read about my laundry schedule, which works really well for me--I do the different days for different ppl's clothes. It does pile up a bit, except on Friday-Sunday, but I'm not overwhelmed by it, yk? It gets done b/c I have a schedule. If I didn't, it would be chaotic with 3 kids' laundry, plus ours. I have my hamper I keep it in which contains it mostly...
Speaking of Yeast, I am taking the ThreeLac which combats Candida overgrowth in the body...might want to research candida and see if you might have it...the Threelac will zap it out...wouldn't hurt to try it?? You can google candida or threelac to see.

Love ya hon

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy. But filled with a lot of blessings, huh?

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

you've been tagged! see my blog for details! random photo tag!