First of all, my thanks for today: I am thankful that I was able to get up and fix a hot breakfast for my husband this morning (at 5:00 am!). He has not been feeling well, and got up extra-early in order to travel to another town to attend to a matter at our rental property. We had coffee, wheat waffles, and bacon. It was nice to have some quiet time with him, and after his departure, have my quiet time with the Lord. I was really cold and sleepy afterwards, and fell back to sleep, but it's a start. Goal for tomorrow morning: instead of going to sleep, stay up and get dressed and blog before the kids awake.
I have been getting up in the mornings and after breakfast write out my to-do for the day, taken from my HMB. Today:
- Clean bathroom (tubs, toilet, mop floor). I have a little boy whose aim is a little off in the toilet department, if you kwim :).
- Laundry--do all kids' laundry. It is hard for me to start on the categorized laundry thing. I am used to doing a load a day--washing everything from the previous day and then it's all done. I don't know about there being laundry piled up and doing a different person's/type every day. But I am doing it anyway. What do ya'll think?
- Supper: Tonight is chicken enchiladas and green beans. Can't wait.
- Project: Decorate Elijah's bedroom walls with the cowboy stickers I bought a long time ago but have never put up.
- Research: Reading about natural remedies for Rosacea, which I have a chronic, spreading case of. So far I have learned that plain yogurt applied directly to the face will reduce redness and swelling. Rosacea is thought to be caused by too much yeast in the body,and yogurt counter-acts the effect. Apple Cider Vinegar (taken by capsule) helps, as well.
Of course, we also have our daily chores of dishes, sweeping, emptying trash, and picking up in general. I also am trying (if weather permits) to tackle one thing a day that needs doing out of doors such as raking, cleaning porch, etc.
It is a busy life around our house. The relaxed rythm of being at home every day is something else I am thankful for. That's about it for now. May your day be blessed and peaceful.