Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Blahgs







Did you catch that pun? For some reason, I've just not been in the blogging spirit much of late. It seems my days fly by in a flurry, and it's all I can do to keep up with the every day things. Our kitchen is getting close to being done: one more coat of primer, then the cabinets can be installed, and then we can paint. I am so ready to see the finished product, to get all my dishes put back in cabinets, to have a sink, an icemaker, a dishwasher and a working stove/oven that is not covered in two inches of sheetrock dust. After the last two months of cooking with crock pots, a griddle, and the grill, and washing dishes in a dish pan, I believe I can safely say I could make it as a pioneer woman. Well, almost. I haven't had to cook over an open fire yet (emphasis on YET).

I'm eager to have it done, also, because I'm ready to decorate! Yeah! I've been picking up things here and there, and I am going to make my first attempt at mistreating my windows. When my camera comes back, you'll see the results.

My eldest is gone to Alabama for a visit with my mother. He is having a ball and not even missing his Mama (waa). It's amazing how much easier it is with minus one child. Less noise, less clutter, but also less hugs and kisses and dimpled smiles. I'm ready for him to come home!

Emma is finally teething! She will be a year old in less than a month (!!!) and cut her first tooth last week. That one tooth is quickly being followed with FIVE more!! She's taking 2-3 steps at a time, so it won't be long and she'll be walking. We are SO in LUV with her! She's too sweet for words and makes me smile every day.

Grace is enjoying the extra attention she is getting with Elijah being gone. We seem to notice things about her that we didn't before, and it's made me wonder if she's been stuck in that 'middle child' place where she's kind of squeezed in, not the oldest and not the youngest. I've realized, this week, that we need to spend more one-on-one time with our children, even though that is hard to do when we're in a situation that we don't really have any babysitters on hand to keep the others.

Challenges, always challenges. Soon the summer will be over, Daddy will go back to school and we'll be spending those long evenings without him. We have such a good Daddy, and we're so proud of him. He takes good care of us. I hope your summer is going great and you are feeling God's presence ever near. And even when we can't feel Him, He's still there, waiting for us to slow down and make room for Him in our lives. If you haven't done so in a while, crack open that Bible. You'll be amazed at what you'll find there.









No comments: