Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Emma's Dedication

Sunday, November 26, 2008 we dedicated Emma Raeleigh Acklen to the Lord. Rev. Scott Loper conducted the service, taking his text from the book of Luke (I think), "What manner of child is this?" He focused on John the Baptist, and how God had a specific and special plan for his life. He was to be the forerunner of Jesus Christ, and prepare people's hearts for the Savior's message. In the same manner, God has a special plan for our little Emma, and it is our responsibility to raise her in a manner that she will be able to hear God's calling and fulfill His will in her life, when that time comes. My brother and sis-in-law sang, "As For Me And My House (We Will Serve the Lord)", which we also had in our wedding. They did a wonderful job!

It was a very sweet service, and possibly the best dedication message I have ever heard. It was an honor to have my grandparents, my great-Aunt Emma (Emma named after her), as well as John's mother there to share this sweet occasion. I will never forget the message or the spirit of the Lord that was so present in the service.

No comments: