Speaking of houses, we think we have settled in on one house. I have some issues with it, which are mainly:
(1) Its remote location away from anything I am familiar with or anyone I even know by name
(2) its closeness to the houses on each side
(3) the condition of the neighborhood is kind of run-down, mainly due to the fact that it is an older neighborhood with couples on the brink or well into senior citizenship who have let their houses and yards GO (albeit safer than young rif-raf, I guess).
(4) There is no rear entry to the backyard, which is a good size, but the kids will have to have 100% supervision anytime they want to go outside--how often will I be able to do that with an infant?
The pros are:
- It is a cute house, especially on the inside. The real estate agency accurately described it as "a doll house". It has been recently remodeled with new cabinets, floors, and paint.
- It is move-in ready and we wouldn't have to do any work to it.
- The owners are motivated to sell and it looks like we will get a really good deal on it, which means we will be able to purchase some new furniture (direly needed).
- It has a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!
- It is close to the church we will be attending.
- It is ten minutes from John's office.
If all goes planned, we are going to make an offer and see how it goes!