Monday, December 3, 2007

Making Memories

We had a wonderful half a week! My parents flew in on Wednesday, and from there on out the time just flew! We spent our time shopping, shopping, oh, and eating. Yep, about as much eating as shopping (lol). My Mom is from a take-over family, so she has a little bit of take-over in her. In a good way. She helped me spice up my house with new curtains and pictures (all found very cheap at thrift stores and yard sales). We put up my Christmas tree, too. Saturday we finally did a little sight-seeing outside of stores :).

We went to the Log Cabin Village in downtown Fort Worth. My Dad and I are both history buffs, so we really enjoyed going through the cabins, church, and schoolhouse and reading about how the pioneers built them and the cool stories of their survival. I do admire the pioneers, but I do not envy them. They had a very hard life. It was not quite as romantic as Janette Oke makes it out to be! It struck me that they must have had to depend heavily on the Lord for EVERYTHING.

I was hoping that it would somehow miraculously snow on Sunday so the plane couldn't take off! That didn't happen so we had to say goodbye. Only three more weeks and we will be in Alabama. This year is almost gone. What changes will next year bring? It seems my life has been so full of changes in the past couple of years. I've learned to just close my eyes, hold on tight and enjoy the ride! Every now and then I peek out to see what's coming next :). I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays. Maybe we will get to visit with most of you in a few weeks. Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Glad ya'll had a great time! The kids were so glad to get them back home, tho! :) I know you treasured every moment they were there.

Can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas!