Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day By Day



I do believe I forgot to include a few important details in my last blog. Blame it on distractions (for instance, screamin' youngun's?) and misinformation. Our move to Shreveport is going to take place on several conditions, ones we feel to be pretty easily met:
  1. John gets accepted into the School of Accounting at LSUS for the summer semester.
  2. John finds a job that will support us and allow the flexibility of attending a few daytime classes (he can always go to night school if not).
  3. We can find a decent place at decent rent.
If he can is able to take more day classes, he could be finished with school in 3 semesters! If not, it is going to take a little bit longer. Then he will have to take the big bad CPA exam--which has a first time pass rate of 45%!

Anyways, I hate that I made it sound like we were up and moving just like THAT (although that is the impression John gave me when we talked about it). If things fall into place, we will be getting on down the road. For now, we will take it day by day.

Today, we celebrated Christmas here with Elijah and Grace. It was fun to see them experience it for the first time really knowing what was going on. John read us the Christmas story and then they opened presents. Elijah got a big dump truck, and Grace got a new baby doll as their "big" gifts. They each got a puzzle and a toy cell phone apiece as well. My dear hubby, who wasn't supposed to get me anything, because he told me not to get him anything, was very naughty and had a new watch hid in Grace's stocking for me--so when I was helping her pull her gifts out I found mine! Wasn't that sweet? Next year, I will not listen to him!

The children have had a lot of fun playing with their new toys! The funny thing is, Grace played with the dump truck and Elijah played with the baby doll! Ha! Now that they are finally in bed, it is time for to get ready for our trip which includes packing, cleaning out the car and wrapping some more gifts! I have a lot to do and not much time to do it in!

Maranatha!

1 comment:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

HEy--Got the pics downloaded- will send you some once I can down size...have to work hospital tonight, so maybe by the end of the week. We had fun! I think Grace really liked the train! It was watching the kids...Elijah has really grown up and Grace-is just like you mentioned--doesnt meet a stranger!!!

Next time...and more posts, pls!
Aunt Ninnie