Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hold On!


I've been thinking about you today, my bloggin' sisters. My friends--you really are, you know. We share our best moments on here, our hopes and our joys and our victories. But for the most part, we try not to let things get too personal. We try to use discretion and refrain from venting about mothers-in-law, neighbors from you-know-where, and church dissensions {did anyone else just have a flash back to Ray Stevens?}. The raw, ugly truth is, we face these things. We deal with the ugly and stickiness of LIFE.


We choose to celebrate the good on here, though, and as I read your blogs and enjoy your pictures, I wonder, what are you facing behind the blog? What giants are looming over your shoulder? Whatever it is, dear sisters, I wanna say, Hold on.

Keep the faith.

Stay true to what you believe in, for what you stand for.

Don't back down, no matter how hard the pressure builds.

And sometimes, swallow your pride and take the low road. I'm not saying it's gonna get you anywhere--maybe only eternity will reveal the reward.

But do it anyway, so you can say you did, or if you can't, let Him do it through you.

You're gonna make it.

Everything is gonna turn out right.


p.s. I could use some sister prayers today. My knuckles are white and tired from the grip.





4 comments:

Natural Mama said...

Holdin' here. You be doing the same! Here's a verse that came to mind, thought I'd share it w/ya.

"But none of these things move me , neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."
Acts 20:24

Ivy said...

I'll be praying for ya! I'm so thankful for blogging friends! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I will be praying for you. I am in a very ugly storm myself.

Ashlee said...

I feel you, sister. Boy, do I feel you right now. If you only knew....I love you and I'm saying some prayers for you this morning.