Monday, January 18, 2010

Here It Comes...


For the six months or so, my husband and I have been seriously seeking God for direction. Six years ago, the Lord called my DH to preach. He accepted. It is quite amazing how God works. As a teenager attending a Christian school, one of my teachers would often tell me, "You're going to marry a preacher." My first reaction was, "No way!" Although I felt that God was calling me into some form of the ministry, I wasn't readily accepting of that call. Nor was I sure which area of the ministry He wanted me in. I thought I felt a strong pull to missions, but was really scared to openly admit this, for fear it was my own desire and not God's. I felt so inadequate to step out and say, "God's called me to be a missionary." Looking back now, I can see that God was calling me to come up higher, and maybe if I had "surrendered all" and sold out to His will, he would've used me in that avenue. I will always wonder.

But here I am, 15 years later, and what a journey it has been. My husband and I met under rather unconventional circumstances (long story), but God had a plan all along. I never dreamed DH would be called to preach! He is quiet, reserved, scared to death of crowds and attention. So much that he completely forgot to comb his hair at our wedding! Ha! But God does not call the equipped; he equips the called.

So, as I was saying, about 6 months ago we sat down and analyzed our spiritual, ministerial progress and realized we have been rather stuck. We haven't grown into the potential that God has clearly communicated He sees in us. We've been fasting and praying for His perfect will in our present and future, and it seems to be getting his attention. Not that we think we are anybody. We know we are nobodies--perhaps that is what has held us back for so long. But God is opening doors, nonetheless, and we are finding our hearts are willing and eager to walk through them.

I'm not sharing this to brag or get pats on the back. I am awed and humbled that God would want to use us. It's amazing how God moves. If you are truly, sincerely seeking His direction, He will give it. Are you willing to dig deeper, go that extra mile to show Him you are serious? And then have that faith to believe He will hear and answer. You'll find yourself climbing out of your rut and making progress once more. It just takes a little bit of faith, hope, and determination.

It's exciting! What door will He open next?






No comments: