Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Topsy-Turvy

Ever feel like your world is?

I do.

Every now and then I go through a period of discontentment, a time when I seem to focus on all the negatives around me and miss the positives. God has a way of redirecting my point of view.
I was talking to a friend last night, kind of crying on her shoulder, or venting, or however you want to put it.

When I finally finished spewing it all out, she asked, "Have you heard about ____?" (our mutual friend, a wonderful Christian and Mom in her mid-30s). "She found out last week she has a brain tumor."

Suddenly, my problems seemed so petty.
My complaints so immature.
And I was ashamed.
I guess that was the Lord's way of "taking me out to the woodshed", so to speak.

My backside is still hurting :).

2 comments:

Tereza said...

I know what you mean. I too sem to whine about the house about this and that when really....there is so much to be thankful for!!

Natural Mama said...

Hey Aim, thought about you today. Took the kids to a really nice playground today here on our vacation and wasn't there 15 minutes before 4 yr old had done the same thing Gracie did!!! Oh my. She has never done this before. It was a mess getting back to the HOTEL and I noticed the valet guys were taking there precious time with parking the van. LOL Also, some got on the elevator carpet. Ritzy hotel too. Oh my!!!!!!!!! She was not happy either. Just thought I'd share. we are bk at the hotel now bc I feel bad asking the valet guys to bring my van back around again. Or is it that I do not want to face them?? Here is the lady with the stinky van!!! LOL