Friday, February 27, 2009

A Mother's Prayer




Lord, I need your wisdom, today and every day.

Please give me wisdom to be a mother who trains her children with a soft smile and a gentle spirit.

Give me self control to use the right tone of voice and make the right decisions.

Give me insight and discernment to recognize the teachable moments and act on them with the perfect lesson.

Give me your peace.

Let the tasks of the day be done with joy and contentment in my heart, and then I will have a song in my mouth and a smile in my eyes.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O my Lord and my God.

~Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to say this all through out the day. ;)