Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Delightful Children

I am breaking up my blog into two sections. I guess I'm a little long-winded! :) I thought it would be easier to keep the flow of thought focused if I did this and maybe it won't seem so long! I wish I had some new pictures to post. The batteries our dead in the camera, and I bought some new ones but they seem to be duds. We will get new ones soon, I am sure.

My little boy is beginning to act so grown up. He is doing great with pottying, and when he is finished, he pulls his step stool up to the sink, turns the water on, washes his hands with soap, dries his hands, and then turns the water off. He does the same with brushing his teeth--puts his own toothpaste on the brush, brushes, rinses the brush, and puts it back in its holder. He does this all very neatly without making a mess. I am so proud of him! He is a very neat child and does not like for his hands to be dirty. He also loves music! John plays his banjo every evening, and Elijah will pick up the broom, a whisk, or a hanger and sit beside his Daddy and "pick". When he is not playing a pretend guitar or banjo, he is playing with his drumsticks--a real genuine pair I found for $1 at a thrift store. His favorite song right now is "Old McDonald". Here is his version: "Old Nicknonal hada farm, and on this farm he had a Connor, e-i-e-i-o. And on this farm he had a Mama, e-i-e-i-o. And on that farm he had a Gracie, e-i-e-i-o. And on that farm he had a Mr. Brent [John's boss] e-i-e-i-o! " Old McDonald has lots of friends and family on his farm! Tonight at church while the men's quartet was singing, he stepped out into the aisle and using his drumstick as a mic and tapping his foot, sang right along! He also knows all of his ABC's, can count to 10 and is learning his colors. We are currently working on memorizing Psalm 23.

Grace, on the other hand, is changing so fast! She is getting tall and her hair is so long! I can put it all in a ponytail now and she is only 1 1/2! She is very friendly and will go to anyone. She always has a "hey" and a wave for people we meet, whether it's the grocery store or church. Last week we were in Wal-Mart (we go there a lot). Grace was sitting in the buggy clapping and singing "Deep and Wide". This man walked by, then turned around and came back. He said, "That's the first happy person I have seen all day" and walked off. I hope she is always that way. She talks so much more than Elijah did at this age, but they say girls are smarter. I like to believe that is true ;). Like most little girls, she is a Daddy's girl. She wakes up calling for him from her crib every morning and with every sound at the door runs to it squealing and calling Daddy with hopes that he is home from work.

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas because we will get to visit with family that we don't get to see much anymore since we live away from both sides. It's time to start making Christmas lists--to buy for others and to have bought for myself :). I hope you are all enjoying the cooler weather and anticipating the holidays. Love ya.....

~Amy

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Tatiana saw the picture of Grace and said..."Awe...two Graces" The picture of her looking in the mirror with curlers...

Wendi

Natural Mama said...

Way to Grow, Elijah and Grace! Can't wait to see and hear all the new tricks they are doing! That's great about the pottying. Erin is finally pottytrained at night, I believe.

Autumn said...

I love the connor part in old Mcdonald!!! I bet Grace is looking so cute with her hair growing out. I miss you guys!! I have had a stressful week around here, I will have to give you a call and tell you about!