Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sick Week




{Or two}.

This is a break in the usual monotonous, post-less state of blog broadcast to inform you that the author thereof is not dead. Yet. I mean I thought I was near it last week, but my health been restored, though not completely at this state. And the week before that the kiddos took turns with near-death episodes of chronic yucky crud-y-ness. The ear-aching, throat-burning, fever-raging, bone-chilling kind of crud. Then they handed it off to me. Ungreatful whelps.

Through it all I learned one thing.

*Tylenol is my friend.

*Honey tea is a sore throat's friend.

*Pity parties are not beneficial.

Wait, that's 3 things.

It was very, very exciting to load up the ole Dashboard and see that I have two new followers! And very, very frustrating that my blogger is apparently having some cosmetic issues and cannot show me who they are. So, new followers, I welcome you! Whoever you are. Please, leave me a comment if you have a blog so I can visit and return the favor :).

Being that I am on the mend, I hope to post something read-worthy soon.

Til then, have a great rest of your weekend!


p.s. FYI, that is not me in the above pic, but a quite accurate portrayal of my state of being this week. And it makes me chuckle. :)





1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think I may be one of the two new followers... Somehow from a link from a blog to a blog, etc., I found your last post about the wardrobe malfunction! I had to chuckle - my husband is a preacher and we also travel some with our friends and sing. My father has been in a gospel quartet all my life and I travelled with him most of my growing up years. My whole family is steeped in gospel music and oh, the stories we could tell. Flying teeth, gum, and coughdrops, wardrobe malfunctions of our own! :) I just enjoyed your post! Sorry you've been under the weather... The Lord has blessed us so far this season with only mild allergies! As for my blog, it is sadly lacking these days. Maybe when my 9 week old starts sleeping better, I'll get back to blogging on a more regular basis. well, now that I've written you a book, I'll shut up. :) God Bless!