Today a year ago we sat in shock, trying to comprehend that Shanda was gone. To those of you who didn't know her, this won't mean anything, but I just wanted to take the time to remember my sister-in-law, my friend, Shanda. I remember.....
1) Her beautiful smile and how she would throw her head back and laugh when she was really tickled about something.
2) How she would hold Kaleb's face in her hands and make him look her dead in the eye while she scolded him.
3) How she wished everyone could just get along.
4) How she loved her niece and nephew.
5) How she snuck around and bought 15 candles for John, so that on our wedding night, he could create a romantic atmosphere in our honeymoon suite.
6) How she made me my first Mother's Day card from Elijah by putting his little footprints on paper (still have that).
7) How she sent me a card once when she knew I was feeling really homesick.
8) Her thoughtfulness of others.
9) Her gentle spirit.
10) Her love of my peach cobbler.
It's been a year, Shanda. We have not forgotten you. We never will. We miss you more than we can say and pray that one day we will understand God's plan.