Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Off To A Good Start




I have nothing deep or moving or inspirational to share today, just a plethora of thoughts and ideas and ponderings. First of all summer is here! We're taking a break from homeschooling, although I plan to keep little minds in the learning mode, especially when the days get so hot out that no one can stand to play outside.

Elijah has finished his kindergarten year and is reading like a champ! We were not able to have a grad ceremony, disappointingly, but are planning a grad party soon! Gracie is reading great for a 4 year old, as well!

We'll be leaving for youth camp in Alabama in just a week and a half! Eeek! I can't believe it's this close!! Youth/kids camp is a highlight of our summer, and I'm so thankful that we are able to be a part of it. It's a great time of fun, fellowship, and renewal for both me and the children. I get to see my kids playing with the children of my childhood friends and visit and worship with dearest friends seen, too rarely, as well as meet new ones.

But, alas, the summer fun has already started around here. Someone recently asked me, "What do your kids do to amuse themselves? Since you don't have TV or a DVD player." I had to chuckle...

Oh, they find something to do, poor dears....have tea parties with their babies...



Play in rainpuddles....


And Elijah has been having fun hanging out with his Dad on the weekend, swimming in Poppy's pool and playing with his new pet turtle Scab...


But they are not the only ones having fun, for tomorrow, May 25, John & I will celebrate 9 years of marriage! We actually have babysitters (a rare occasion indeed) and plan to celebrate with dinner and a round of black-light miniature golf (should be interesting). I am sooo looking forward to a date with my man :).


Although summer is a welcome reprieve, it still brings matters of decision to the forefront. What curriculum will I use for next school year? Will we have the house ready to sell by the end of the summer, or better yet, sold by the end of the year? Will John pass the CPA exam the first go-round? Will our sanity remain intact through it all? Of course it will--cause His grace is sufficient, and His mercies are new every morning. Can't wait to see how things turn out this summer!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how neat Happy Anniversary. I am so glad your homeschool year went off of good and they are reading well. I can't wait until my Hannah clicks with it.

Blessings.

Ivy said...

Happy anniversary! Yeah, our kids will NEVER have any fun without a t.v! Yeah right! I honestly think they will have MORE fun without one. They will have a better imagination too :) Have fun at youth camp!

Joanna Martin said...

I greatly enjoyed reading your post. It sounds like you live a very eventful life!:) I'm looking forward to being with you at youth camp.
Happy Anniversary!

Ashlee said...

Happy Anniversary!

Life without TV?? For real....how do people find time for them at all??? And my kids don't need any help with their imaginations. LOL!